Call for workshop proposals for JSAI-isAI 2022
- Dates: June 12 (Sun), 13 (Mon), and 14 (Tue), 2022
- Venue: Kyoto International Conference Center, Kyoto, Japan. (onsite/online/hybrid style is available)
- Sponsored by: The Japanese Society for Artificial Intelligence (JSAI)
The 14th JSAI International Symposia on AI (JSAI-isAI 2022) will take place at Kyoto International Conference Center, Kyoto, Japan, on June 12 through 14, 2022. JSAI-isAI is an event that hosts multiple international workshops at the same location, providing a unique and intimate forum for colleagues in a focused discipline. JSAI-isAI also provides an important opportunity for AI researchers to get together and share their knowledge.
JSAI-isAI 2022 will be held in conjunction with JSAI annual conference (JSAI2022). We hope the participants of the symposium also enjoy events in JSAI2022 such as invited talks and international sessions.
JSAI invites proposals for the 14th JSAI-isAI. While we suppose to hold a symposium on site, we also welcome a workshop that will be held online only or with hybrid style. For online/hybrid style, we will provide workshop organizers with Zoom rooms and some equipment such as speakerphones. Prospective workshop organizers should submit a proposal in Microsoft Excel format with the following information:
- Title of the workshop
- Objectives and scope
- Names and contacts of key organizers (preferably, at least one of the organizers is non-Japanese)
- A tentative list of members of the program committee
- Expected number of papers, attendees, and preliminary workshop format
- Workshop style: onsite / hybrid / online only
Submitted proposals will be reviewed by the JSAI-isAI 2022 Committee.
How to submit
Please download the template of Workshop proposal for JSAI-isAI 2022 (Microsoft Excel file), complete a proposal (in “Content” (B) column), and send the proposal to jsai-isai [at] ai-gakkai.or.jp via e-mail by Jan 10, 2022.
NOTICE: as JSAI-isAI2022 will be held in conjunction with JSAI annual conference (JSAI2022), the date of the symposium will be changed from November to June.
- Proposal Submission Deadline:
January 10, 2022January 24, 2022 (Extended)
- Notification of Workshop Acceptance:
January14, 2022January 28, 2022
- Call for Workshop Papers (suggested): Late January 2022
- Submission Deadline for Workshop Papers: April 15, 2022
- Notification of Acceptance of Workshop Papers: May 15, 2022
- Submission Deadline for Camera-Ready Papers: May 31, 2022
- Workshop Dates: June 12-14, 2022
Benefits of organizing/attending JSAI-isAI workshops
- Expenses (e.g., honorarium and travel expenses for invited speakers, the part of social gathering fee) will be supported by JSAI within a specified budget.
- Selected papers will be published as post proceedings of Springer LNAI.
- Organizers and chairs of a workshop shall have full control over the call for papers, forming of program committees, reviewing and making decisions for submitted papers, and planning the workshop program. Furthermore, they should state on the web page that the workshop is associated with JSAI-isAI 2022, for example, “with support of the Japanese Society for Artificial Intelligence” and “in association with the 14th JSAI International Symposia on AI (JSAI-isAI 2022).” They are also responsible for preparing a short report of the workshop, that will be published in the journal of JSAI.
- Authors should follow the authors’ guidelines of Springer and use their templates for proceedings, either in LaTeX or Word format, for preparing their papers. Springer encourages authors to include their ORCIDs in their papers. Besides, the corresponding author of each paper must complete and sign a Consent-to-Publish form on behalf of all the authors. The corresponding author signing the copyright form should be identical to the one marked on the paper. Once the files have been sent to Springer, it is impossible to change a list of authors of a paper.