Call for workshop proposals for JSAI-isAI 2023
- Dates: June 4 (Sun), 5 (Mon), and 6 (Tue), 2023
- Venue: Kumamoto-Jo Hall, Kumamoto, Japan (onsite/online/hybrid styles are all available)
- Sponsored by: The Japanese Society for Artificial Intelligence (JSAI)
- The 15th JSAI International Symposia on AI (JSAI-isAI 2023) will take place at Kumamoto-Jo Hall, Kumamoto, Japan, on June 4 through 6, 2023. JSAI-isAI is an event that hosts multiple international workshops at the same location, providing a unique and intimate forum for colleagues in a focused discipline. JSAI-isAI also provides an important opportunity for AI researchers to get together and share their knowledge.JSAI-isAI 2023 will be held in conjunction with JSAI annual conference (JSAI2023). We hope the participants of the symposium also enjoy events in JSAI2023, such as invited talks and international sessions.
- JSAI invites proposals for the 15th JSAI-isAI. While we suppose to hold a symposium on site, we also welcome a workshop that will be held online only or with hybrid style. For online/hybrid style, we will provide workshop organizers with Zoom rooms and some equipment, such as speakerphones. Prospective workshop organizers should submit a proposal in Microsoft Excel format with the following information:
- Title of the workshop
- Objectives and scope
- Names and contacts of key organizers (preferably, at least one of the organizers is non-Japanese)
- A tentative list of members of the program committee
- Expected number of papers, attendees, and preliminary workshop format
- Workshop style: onsite / hybrid / online only
- Submitted proposals will be reviewed by the JSAI-isAI 2023 Committee.
How to submit
Please download the template of Workshop proposal for JSAI-isAI 2023 (Microsoft Excel file), complete a proposal (in “Content” (B) column), and send the proposal to jsai-isai [at] ai-gakkai.or.jp via e-mail by November 30, 2022.
- Workshop Proposal Submission Deadline: November 30, 2022
- Notification of Workshop Acceptance: December 15, 2022
- Call for Workshop Papers (suggested): Late December, 2022
- Submission Deadline for Workshop Papers: March 31, 2023
- Notification of Acceptance of Workshop Papers: April 30, 2023
- Submission Deadline for Camera-Ready Papers: May 15, 2023
- Workshop Dates: June 4-6, 2023
Benefits of organizing/attending JSAI-isAI workshops
- Expenses (e.g., honorarium and travel expenses for invited speakers, the part of social gathering fee) will be supported by JSAI within a specified budget.
- Selected papers will be published as post proceedings of Springer LNAI.
- Organizers and chairs of a workshop shall have full control over the call for papers, forming of program committees, reviewing and making decisions for submitted papers, and planning the workshop program. Furthermore, they should state on the web page that the workshop is associated with JSAI-isAI 2023, for example, “with support of the Japanese Society for Artificial Intelligence” and “in association with the 15th JSAI International Symposia on AI (JSAI-isAI 2023).”