Call for workshop proposals for JSAI-isAI 2021
- Dates: November 13 (Sat), 14 (Sun), and 15 (Mon), 2021
- Venue: Raiosha in Hiyoshi Campus of Keio University, Yokohama, Kanagawa, Japan. (or online)
- Sponsored by: The Japanese Society for Artificial Intelligence (JSAI)
The 13th JSAI International Symposia on AI (JSAI-isAI 2021) will take place at Raiosha in Hiyoshi Campus of Keio University, Yokohama, Kanagawa, Japan, on November 13 through 15, 2021 (if the COVID-19 pandemic is under control by then, otherwise it will be online). JSAI-isAI is an event that hosts multiple international workshops at the same location, providing a unique and intimate forum for colleagues in a focused discipline. JSAI-isAI also provides an important opportunity for AI researchers to get together and share their knowledge. JSAI-isAI 2021 is in succession to the international workshops co-located with JSAI annual conferences since 2009.
JSAI invites proposals for the 13th JSAI-isAI. Prospective workshop organizers should submit a proposal in Microsoft Excel format with the following information:
- Title of the workshop
- Objectives and scope
- Names and contacts of key organizers (preferably, at least one of the organizers is non-Japanese).
- A tentative list of members of the program committee.
- Expected number of papers, attendees, and preliminary workshop format
Submitted proposals will be reviewed by the JSAI-isAI 2021 Committee.
How to submit
Please download the template of Workshop proposal for JSAI-isAI 2021 (Microsoft Excel file), complete a proposal (in “Content” (B) column), and send the proposal to jsai-isai [at] ai-gakkai.or.jp via e-mail by April 16, 2021.
- Proposal Submission Deadline: April 16, 2021
- Notification of Workshop Acceptance: May 1, 2020
- Call for Workshop Papers (suggested): Early May 2021
- Submission Deadline for Workshop Papers: August 31, 2021
- Notification of Acceptance of Workshop Papers: September 2021
- Submission Deadline for Camera-Ready Papers: October 2021
- Workshop Dates: November 13-15, 2021
Benefits of organizing/attending JSAI-isAI workshops
- Expenses (e.g., travel expenses) for invited speakers will be supported by JSAI within a specified budget.
- Selected papers will be published as post proceedings of Springer LNAI.
- Organizers and chairs of a workshop shall have full control over the call for papers, forming of program committees, reviewing and making decisions for submitted papers, and planning the workshop program. Furthermore, they should state on the web page that the workshop is associated with JSAI-isAI 2021, for example, “with support of the Japanese Society for Artificial Intelligence” and “in association with the eleventh JSAI International Symposia on AI (JSAI-isAI 2021).” They are also responsible for preparing a short report of the workshop, that will be published in the journal of JSAI.
- Authors should follow the authors’ guidelines of Springer and use their templates for proceedings, either in LaTeX or Word format, for preparing their papers. Springer encourages authors to include their ORCIDs in their papers. Besides, the corresponding author of each paper must complete and sign a Consent-to-Publish form on behalf of all the authors. The corresponding author signing the copyright form should be identical to the one marked on the paper. Once the files have been sent to Springer, it is impossible to change a list of authors of a paper.