The 16th JSAI International Symposia on AI (JSAI-isAI 2024) will take place at ACT CITY Hamamatsu, Shizuoka, Japan, on May 28 through 31, 2024. JSAI-isAI is an event that hosts multiple international workshops at the same location, providing a unique and intimate forum for colleagues in a focused discipline. JSAI-isAI also provides an important opportunity for AI researchers to get together and share their knowledge. JSAI-isAI 2024 will be held in conjunction with JSAI annual conference (JSAI2024). We hope the participants of the symposium also enjoy events in JSAI2024, such as invited talks and international sessions.
- Dates: May 28 (Tue) – 31 (Fri), 2024
- Venue: ACT CITY Hamamatsu, Shizuoka, Japan (onsite/online/hybrid styles are all available)
- Sponsored by: The Japanese Society for Artificial Intelligence (JSAI)
JSAI invites proposals for the 16th JSAI-isAI. While we suppose to hold a symposium on site, we also welcome a workshop that will be held online only or with hybrid style. For online/hybrid style, we will provide workshop organizers with Zoom rooms and some equipment, such as speakerphones. Prospective workshop organizers should submit a proposal in Microsoft Excel format with the following information:
- Title of the workshop
- Objectives and scope
- Names and contacts of key organizers (preferably, at least one of the organizers is non-Japanese)
- A tentative list of members of the program committee
- Expected number of papers, attendees, and preliminary workshop format
- Workshop style: onsite / hybrid / online only
Submitted proposals will be reviewed by the JSAI-isAI 2024 Committee.
How to submit
Please download the template of Workshop proposal for JSAI-isAI 2024 (Microsoft Excel file), complete a proposal (in “Content” (B) column), and send the proposal to jsai-isai [at] ai-gakkai.or.jp via e-mail by October 15, 2023.
- Workshop Proposal Submission Deadline: October 15, 2023
- Notification of Workshop Acceptance: November 1, 2023
- Call for Workshop Papers (suggested): Mid-November, 2023
- Submission Deadline for Workshop Papers: January 31, 2024
- Notification of Acceptance of Workshop Papers: February 29, 2024
- Submission Deadline for Camera-Ready Papers: March 25, 2024
- Workshop Dates: May 28 – 31, 2024
Benefits of organizing/attending JSAI-isAI workshops
- Expenses (e.g., honorarium and travel expenses for invited speakers, the part of social gathering fee) will be supported by JSAI within a specified budget.
- Selected papers will be published as proceedings of Springer LNAI. Until 2023, we use Springer LNAI as post-proceedings, but we will use it as proceedings instead, so those selected papers should be properly submitted 2 months before the symposium – which is March 25, 2024.
- Organizers and chairs of a workshop shall have full control over the call for papers, forming of program committees, reviewing and making decisions for submitted papers, and planning the workshop program. Furthermore, they should state on the web page that the workshop is associated with JSAI-isAI 2024, for example, “with support of the Japanese Society for Artificial Intelligence” and “in association with the 16th JSAI International Symposia on AI (JSAI-isAI 2024).”
- Please be aware that selected papers will be published in proceedings of Springer LNAI, so those selected papers should be properly submitted 2 months before the symposium – which is March 25, 2024.