This conference is held online using video conferencing system Zoom. We recommend that you should update your Zoom client to the latest version in advance.
Zoom client download site: https://zoom.us/download#client_4meeting
You can see the presentation schedule at JSAI2021 web program site. You need to log in the site to see the timetable, Zoom URLs, and paper PDFs at the site. The authentication information such as log-in ID and password is sent to all registered participants via admission ticket’s email from email@example.com or JSAI2021 office’s email address.
Due to your PC, web browser, network environment, you might be unable to access video contents in the web program site. Please log in the site in advance to check whether you can access them. You may check whether you can use Zoom on your PC using the connection test on June 7, too.
Almost all sessions will be recorded to provide the video-on-demand service of their recorded videos to the conference participants after the next day of each session. Please do not record any sessions to your own PC, smartphone or camera without permission.
It is helpful if you set your display name in Zoom meetings as follows:
ChairChair: Taro YAMADA
Presenter02: Hanako SAITO
(Please set the right-most 2 digits of your presentation ID at the head of your display name. If your presentation ID is 2E3-OS-2-02, then please attach 02 at the head.)
Zoom connection test
You can test your Zoom connection if necessary.
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm and 5:00 pm to 6:30 pm June 7 JST
The Zoom URLs for the test will be announced at the beginning of June.
International session / General session / Organized session
You have 20-minute presentation time including 15-minute talk and 5-minute Q&A for general sessions and organized sessions, except for invited speakers. For international sessions, you have 20-minute presentation time, too, but please make 5 to 10-minute short presentation and use the rest of time for Q&A. JSAI2021 staff, whose name is displayed as “jsai online-(digit)” on the participant panel of Zoom, informs you the lapse of time using his/her background display. He/she informs 12 mins, 15 mins, and 20 mins, respectively. Please keep your presentation time punctually.
If some speaker cancels his/her talk, the chair might advance the time of your presentation. Please prepare your presentation with plenty of time to spare. If you have some trouble in your audio or screen, the chair might postpone your talk and move it afterwards in the session. We would ask you to act according to the occasions.
Before the session
- Please carry out testing your PC’s connection to Zoom in advance.
- Please enter the meeting in 10 mins before the session starts, and confirm that you can communicate with the char using your microphone and speaker.
- When you enter the meeting, your microphone and video camera may be set to off to prevent noise or howling. Please turn on your microphone and video camera, only when you make your presentation or answer some questions in Q&A time. During other time, please turn off them to prevent noise and to reduce transmitted data amount.
- When you enter the session, please input the last two digits of your presentation ID at the beginning your name.
- Please note that “jsai online-(digit)” on the participant panel is the JSAI2021 staff, who hosts and manages the meeting.
Eg. If your presentation ID is 2N3-IS-2-02 and your name is Hanako SAITO, then your name on the participant panel should be 02: Hanako SAITO.
In the session
- When the previous speaker is almost ending his/her presentation, please prepare things such as your presentation application, microphone, video camera, and screen sharing, to start your presentation anytime. However, you must not start screen sharing before the previous presentation ends, because the previous speaker’s screen sharing halts if you share your screen.
- If you have some trouble, please inform it to the chair using chat of Zoom.
- When the previous presentation ends, turn on your microphone and video camera, and share your presentation application screen, to start your talk.
- If your presentation document contains some sound, check the box to share computer sound at the bottom of the share screen pop-up window.
- At the beginning your talk, please mention your name and affiliation simply, and then start your talk.
- You have 20 mins presentation time in total including 15 mins talk and 5 mins Q&A except for some invited speakers. JSAI2021 staff, whose name on the participant panel is “JSAI online-(digit)”, informs the lapse of time using his/her background display. Please keep your presentation time punctually.
- For the time being just after your talk, please pay attention to whether the chair might warn you that you have some trouble on you your voice and screen.
- Stop your talk when 15 mins has passed, even if you want to talk more.
- After your talk, the chair proceeds to Q&A time. Please answer questions according to the chair’s direction.
- When your presentation time ends, stop your screen sharing and turn off your microphone and video camera at once.
- At the end of the session, leave from the meeting by clicking “Leave” at the right bottom of the Zoom main panel.
- The interactive sessions will be held from 17:20 to 19:00 on June 9th (Wednesday), the second day of the conference.
- We will assign one room to each speaker using Zoom’s breakout room. Unlike the last conference, each speaker has 1 hour and 40 minutes (presentation through the session) instead of 30 minutes so that you can discuss with more participants.
- On the day of the session, please connect to Zoom 10 minutes before the session starts and move to the assigned breakout room (presentation number) for preparation. Please connect to the corresponding Zoom from the link displayed in the timetable of the program browsing site.
- Set your display name for Zoom as follows so that the speaker can be identified by the username. Please use alphabetical notation for your name.
e.g.) When the presentation ID is 2Xin5-32 -> 32: Hanako SAITO
- The presentation style will be left to the speaker. You can share a poster on the screen, or you can explain using several slides.
To audience participants
The Zoom URL of each session is shown on timetables at the web program site. Please enter the meeting corresponding to the session you want to join after 5 minutes before the meeting starts.
We use Zoom webinars for sessions of room A and B, which could accept maximally 3,000 participants, and we use Zoom meetings for sessions of room C to N. Audience participants can only listen and see the speakers’ presentation in webinars, but they cannot talk using their microphone there. On the other hand, they can talk using their microphone in Zoom meetings if necessary, although their microphone may be off when they enter a Zoom meeting. Please turn off your microphone and video camera to avoid noise, howling, or communication troubles, if they are on but you are not a speaker.
When joining a session as an audience participant, please set your name at the Zoom participant panel to English alphabet.
Eg. Taro YAMADA
* You can rename it yourself after attending the meeting.
We ask you to enter each session after 5 minutes before the session starts, because we need some preparation with the chair and speakers of the session. When the session ends, please leave the meeting as soon as possible, because some preparation for the next session is needed. Thank you for your kind cooperation.
International sessions / General sessions / Organized session / Industrial sessions / CybConf / Tutorial sessions
Q&A time follows speaker’s presentation in these ordinary oral sessions. If you have any question or comment, please use the chat function, or click the hand raising icon at the left bottom of the Zoom participant panel, according to the chair’s instruction. When the chair allows you to talk, please turn on your microphone and ask the question after saying your name and affiliation.
Sessions of room A and B (Keynote speech / Invited speech / Proposed sessions)
All sessions of room A and B are held using Zoom webinars, which can accept maximally 3,000 participants. Audience participants can only listen and see the speakers’ presentation in the webinar, but they cannot use their microphone, video camera, nor screen sharing there unlike Zoom meetings. Only the chat function is available for their question or comment. On the other hand, speakers are assigned “panelist” permissions in the webinar, and they can use their microphone, video camera, and screen sharing as well as Zoom meetings. Only if the chair or host sets you to a panelist, you can use your microphone, video camera, and screen sharing.
The interactive sessions are held in both of poster viewing and real-time session.
You can see the poster of each presentation of the interactive sessions before the real time session, on or after June 2.
How to view the poster
- Access the presentation page in web program site
View timetable -> select session -> select presentation
- See the poster placed in the presentation page
Real-time session and Q&A from 5:20 pm to 7:00 pm on June 9 at room X and Y
One Zoom breakout room is assigned to each presentation. After entering the Zoom meeting, click the breakout room icon at the bottom of the display, and select one of presentations from the pop-up list to join the breakout room of the presentation you want to dig deeper. Please discuss with the presenter there. You can leave the breakout room any time by clicking “Leave Breakout Room” at the right bottom of the display.
The international sessions are held in both on-demand presentations and real-time sessions.
You can view each presentation video before the real-time sessions, on or after May 28.
How to view the video
- Access the presentation page in web program site
View timetable -> select session -> select presentation
- Watch the video embedded in the presentation page
Real-time session and Q&A at room N
Each speaker has 20 minutes. The speaker gives the short presentation of 5-10 minutes, and Q&A time follows it. If you have any question or comment, you can ask it in the same manner as in ordinary oral sessions according to chair’s instruction.
Sponsor exhibition at room Z
The exhibition consists of document viewing and real-time meeting.
Document and on-demand video viewing
You can see the outline of each exhibitor’s presentation, and can view the document and video, which are available in Sponsor exhibition page (in Japanese). You can find the time schedule when the exhibitor attends its breakout room in the document. So please check the time schedule of the exhibitor before joining the corresponding breakout room.
One Zoom breakout room is assigned to each exhibitor. After entering the Zoom meeting, click the breakout room icon at the bottom of the display, and select one of exhibitors from the pop-up list to join the breakout room of the exhibitor you want to dig deeper. You can leave the breakout room any time by clicking “Leave Breakout Room” at the right bottom of the display.
Lunch time seminar / Night seminar
Several sponsor’s seminars are held from 12:20 p.m. to 1:10 p.m. on June 8, Tuesday or on June 9, Wednesday, and from 7:20 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. on June 8, Tuesday. Please prepare your own food and drink and join the seminars.
Free space at room L
Breakout rooms are available for the whole conference period. Please use them for your meeting such as discussion, information exchanging, or just chatting.
Participant’s networking meeting (Social event)
The participant’s networking meeting is held as a social event from 5:20 p.m. on June 10, Thursday. Please bring your food and drink and join the meeting at room A. After the main event is held at room A, you can move to each room according to various topics and talk there.