To be a JSAI’s member, go through the procedure using the application forms below after carefully reading this page (activities of JSAI, types and fees of membership, privileges of membership, how to pay membership fees, and how to withdraw from membership, etc.).
If you are a JSAI’s individual member, you can update your profile such as address, e-mail address, password, and so on from [Member Page], and you can check your payment status of annual membership fee.
Individual Member (Member/ Student Member)
Special Subscribing Member
Recommendation for Joining the Japanese Society for Artificial Intelligence
The Japanese Society for Artificial Intelligence (JSAI) was established in July 1986, reorganized into an incorporated association in September 1990, and shifted further into a general incorporated association on April 1, 2013. JSAI is an academic society with about 4,400 members (as of March 2017).
JSAI aims to contribute the progress and development of science and industry in the field in Japan through promotion of interdisciplinary academic research related to artificial intelligence and offering a place for exchanges between members and with related academic associations, as well as to contribute to progress in the field around the world through international activities.
We highly recommend joining JSAI to those who are interested in artificial intelligence, encompassing the study and application of logic, linguistics, psychology, and cognitive science as basic theories of artificial intelligence, but also expression, acquisition, learning, and inference of knowledge as the basis of knowledge information processing, and further, research such as knowledge-based systems, knowledge management, agent, understanding of spoken dialogue and image, multimedia processing, interface, and natural language understanding, web intelligence, e-Learning, e-Business, the semantic web, and bioinformatics.
Activities of JSAI
Current activities and future plans are as described below.
- Publishes the Journal of JSAI six times a year and releases the Transactions of JSAI on J-stage. The main contents include papers submitted by members and explanatory lectures by experts in various fields associated with artificial intelligence, from basics to application.
- Holds the Annual Conference and accompanying international workshops once a year.
- Offers special interest groups (SIG on Fundamental Problems in Artificial Intelligence, SIG on Knowledge-Based Systems, SIG on Spoken Language Understanding and Dialogue Processing, SIG on Advanced Learning Science and Technology, SIG on Challenge, SIG on Molecular Biology Informatics, SIG on Language Sense processing Engineering, SIG on Semantic Web and Ontology, SIG on Society and Artificial Intelligence, SIG on Commonsense Knowledge and Emotion, SIG on Knowledge and Skills Transfer, SIG on Natural Computing, SIG on Knowledge Sharing Network, SIG on Financial Informatics, SIG on Skill Science, SIG on Data Oriented Constructive Mining and Simulation, and SIG on Interactive Information Access and Visual Mining), symposiums, seminars, and lecture meetings.
- Promotes the vitalization and diversification of activities of JSAI through co-hosting, sponsoring, and supporting various events held by related academic societies.
- Makes a selection of the JSAI Contribution Award, JSAI Distinguished Service Award, JSAI Achievement Award, JSAI Best Paper Award, Field Innovation Award, JSAI Incentive Award, JSAI Annual Conference Award, and Title of Fellow to encourage research and commend research achievements.
- Is engaged in international activities, including exchanges with overseas academic societies and hosting of international conferences.
Types and Fees of Membership
Types of membership are as described below.
- Member: Individuals who approve of the JSAI purposes
- Student Member: Individuals who are students and who approve of the purposes of JSAI (including those who are enrolled in a doctoral program)
- Supporting Member: Individuals or organizations who support the business of JSAI
- Special Subscribing Member: Organizations, such as libraries, who approve of the purposes of JSAI and subscribe to journals published by JSAI to be read widely
Annual membership fees and admission fees are as described below.
|annual membership fees||10,000 Yen||4,000 Yen||80,000 yen/unit||15,000 Yen|
|entrance fee||2,000 Yen||1,000 Yen|
A regular member aged 65 and over, who has been JSAI member for not less than 20 years, could apply for long-term member.
After JSAI board meeting acknowledges the application, his/her annual membership fee will be exempted for half amount from the next fiscal year.
See the details from here.
Privileges of Membership
Individual members of JSAI have privileges as described below.
- Receive each issue of the Journal of JSAI.
- Are able to participate in and make presentations at the Annual Conference and special interest groups hosted by JSAI and to submit papers to the Journal of JSAI. (Submissions for the Transactions of JSAI shall be released in the Electronic Transactions of JSAI on J-stage after having undergone a peer review in the Editorial Committee of JSAI.)
- Are able to participate in all events hosted, co-hosted, or sponsored by JSAI, such as seminars and lecture meetings. (The member rate is applicable when entry fees are needed.)
- Receive preferential benefits when purchasing publications involving JSAI. (The member rate is applicable when purchasing back issues of the Journal of JSAI, SIG notes, Proceedings of annual conferences, and seminar texts.)
- Of Members, Board Members and Delegates can exercise voting rights, attending to general meetings.
Privileges of Supporting Members are as described below according to the number of units of membership fees.
- Recommendation for Delegates・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・One person per every five units
- Treatment as a member in attending the Annual Conference・・・・・・・・・Five persons per unit
- Treatment as a member in attending seminars・・・・・・・・・・・・・・Three persons per unit
- Free availability of the Journal of JSAI・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・Two copies per unit
- Free availability of the SIG notes・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・One copy per unit
(Separate purchase is available by registering with each special interest group.)
- Discount for purchase of the Journal of JSAI, SIG notes, seminar texts, and Proceedings of annual conferences, and for purchase of back issues of AI Handbook: 10 to 50% discount
- Free participation in AI Seminars and AI Tool Seminars for a year from the date of joining JSAI・・・One person per unit
- Post of recruitment or internship information of your company itself to JSAI mailing list
The business and fiscal year of JSAI starts on April 1 and ends on March 31 of the following year.
Membership fees for a year must be paid in advance, in principle.
In the case of joining JSAI in the middle of the year, membership fees for the year must be paid. In this case, the Journal of JSAI will be sent from the first issue (May issue) of the year.
When withdrawing from JSAI, the procedure for withdrawal must be taken using the Withdrawal From at the end of this page.
For details,see Articles 8 through 11 of the Articles of Incorporation of JSAI.
How to Join JSAI
If you wish to join JSAI, apply for membership online. After having confirmed the application, JSAI will send transfer slips (for bank and for post office). Make a payment as required.
When the deposit has been confirmed and the application for membership has been approved by the Board of Directors of JSAI (held once a month), the applicant will be qualified for membership.
There is a certain waiting period from application to qualification for membership. Those who intend to participate in the Annual Conferences as a member are advised to apply while allowing for sufficient time.
Please enable us to send the Journal of JSAI in place of the notice of registration as a member of JSAI.
The payment of annual membership fees must be made only by automatic transfer between accounts (for Members and Student Members only) from next fiscal year, in principle. Your cooperation will be much appreciated.
※ The accounts below are membership fee-only accounts.
With regard to seminars and conferences, see the transfer accounts on the event information pages.
Account of JP Bank
Mizuho Bank, Iidabashi branch, Savings account 2652724
Ippannsyadanhoujin Jinkouchinougakkai Kaiinkanrigakari
Ippannsyadanhoujin Jinkouchinougakkai Kaiinkanrigakari
Hamada Building 5th Floor, 2-26-11 Hongo, Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo 113-0033, Japan
For inquiries related to seminars and the Annual Conferences, please contact the address listed on the page of the corresponding event.
We will not respond to inquiries about matters other than membership management (join and withdrawal from membership, membership fee payment, etc.). Your cooperation is much appreciated.